Wednesday, October 3, 2007

America Is Dying

In the United States, it is illegal to fly any flag above the American flag. But that's just what a bar owner in Reno, NV did when he flew the Mexican national flag above the U.S. national flag.Watching Neil Cavuto earlier today and it seems that the bar owner will file charges against the Veteran who cut the flag down.
I'm Jim Broussard, and I took this flag down in honor of my country with a knife from the United States Army. I'm a veteran, I'm not going to see this done to my country. If they want to fight us, then they need to be men, and they need to come and fight us. But I want somebody to fight me for this flag. They're not going to get it back
Hooah, Sir. And thank you.

You can watch the video here.

UPDATE
Well, it seems that "technically" it's not illegal to fly another nations flag above the U.S. flag.
While there is indeed a federal law regulating the display of the U.S. flag, that law is merely advisory and simply codifies standard government practice in displaying the American flag.

Several federal courts have examined this law and held that the flag rules are not mandatory and cannot be enforced
But it's still disrespectful and infuriating and applaud this man for what he did. Something tells me we're going to see more of this happening.

0 comments: