Monday, October 22, 2007

Getting Old

"I'm the Conservative in this race." "No you're not. I am." "Wrong. I'm the only TRUE Conservative here." "I'm the second coming of Reagan." "You're not Reagan. I am."

And can someone tell me what a "values voter" is? Because I'm kind of stumped on that one. Who's values are they basing it on? Mine? Your's? Rudy's? Thompson's? I believe that marriage is for life. Rudy doesn't. I'm all for gun control. Thompson isn't. I support harsh techniques to get info from terrorists. McCain isn't. I'm sane. Ron Paul isn't. Would I be considered a "values voter"?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huckabee and Tancredo in my opinion are the only conservative that actually are on all issues. The rest have social issues that are liberal in some fashion or another. This batch is a poor group as a whole.

Unknown said...

You should take a look at the Wounded Warriors Project. It raises awareness for severely wounded combat U.S. combat veterans in Iraq and Afghanistan. It really puts a face on the cost of this war. Here's a link:

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/aarwebshow

Jeff

Christopher Lee said...

I like Huckabee. If Rudy wasn't in the race I'd put 100% of my support behind him. Right now it's 50/50 between them.

Bad Bob said...

I can honestly say I don't like any of the candidates. I think it's a poor group to select from. I don't think Richardson on the Dems side has a snowballs chance, but I think he's the best they have. I usually vote against someone, not for, and I am pretty disgusted because I'll have to vote against everyone.

Rick Frea said...

The worst of this bunch is better than the best on the other side. I think our best chance is with Guliani, but he's going to have to give a damn good speach on Abortion to win over the abortion crowd and prevent a 3rd party candicate from entering the race.