Friday, September 5, 2008

He Won Me Over

At the beginning of this election cycle there were two candidates I supported. Rudy Giuliani and Mike Huckabee. I would have loved for either one of them to have won the nomination. And there was one candidate that I didn't support. John McCain. I felt he had abandoned the GOP and there was no way I was, or could, vote for him. But I did prefer him over Obama. Barack Obama is the wrong man for the job at any time, but especially today. I was going to sit this election out. But things started to change about a month ago. I started to listen to what McCain had to say and I kind liked it. But I still didn't support him. The experience factor started to really play into this election for me. And McCain trumps Obama handily on that. I started to consider what was really at stake in this election. Who could better lead this country in the many fights we had before us. I was starting to like John McCain. Then last week he made his choice for V.P. Typical McCain, he threw a curveball and chose someone that the vast majority outside of her state had never heard of. Someone who, like McCain, had stood up to her own party when she saw something she didn't like. A true Conservative. And not only did I start to like him, I started to find myself supporting him. Then she took to the stage on Wednesday and blew everyone away. She laid out who Sarah Palin was and what she stood for. By now I'm excited about this election for the first time. Then John McCain took the stage. And gave one of the best political speeches I've ever heard. And during that speech realized that John McCain hadn't abandoned the GOP. The GOP had abandoned us. They've gone from the party that opposed slavery and championed civil rights to the party that's supported MASSIVE governmental waste and turning a deaf ear to our concerns. John McCain is the man to fix what is wrong with out political system. Everyone says they want bipartisan government, but talk is cheap. John McCain has proven that he can do it. So, I have now made up my mind. I will support John McCain and I will vote for him come November. And I will do so without a doubt in my mind that he is the right man and is exactly what this country needs.
I'm not running for president because I think I’m blessed with such personal greatness that history has anointed me to save our country in its hour of need.

My country saved me. My country saved me, and I cannot forget it. And I will fight for her for as long as I draw breath, so help me God.

My friends, if you find faults with our country, make it a better one. If you’re disappointed with the mistakes of government, join its ranks and work to correct them. Enlist…

Enlist in our Armed Forces. Become a teacher. Enter the ministry. Run for public office. Feed a hungry child. Teach an — an illiterate adult to read. Comfort the afflicted. Defend the rights of the oppressed.

Our country will be the better, and you will be the happier, because nothing brings greater happiness in life than to serve a cause greater than yourself.

I’m going to fight for my cause every day as your president. I’m going to fight to make sure every American has every reason to thank God, as I thank him, that I’m an American, a proud citizen of the greatest country on Earth. And with hard work — with hard word, strong faith, and a little courage, great things are always within our reach.

Fight with me. Fight with me.

Fight for what’s right for our country. Fight for the ideals and character of a free people.

Fight for our children’s future. Fight for justice and opportunity for all.

Stand up to defend our country from its enemies. Stand up for each other, for beautiful, blessed, bountiful America.

Stand up, stand up, stand up, and fight.

Nothing is inevitable here. We’re Americans, and we never give up.

We never quit.

We never hide from history. We make history.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

If Sarah Palin thought that she'd never be nominated to run for a higher office because the Republican Party is dominated by "good old rich white boys", and 12 months later, Bingo! she's been given the nod... Does this represent a dramatic shift in a party that prides itself on being socially conservative, is this token representation, or was Palin wrong?

Christopher Lee said...

She was wrong. The GOP isn't all "good old rich white boys". I'm not old or rich and I'm only 1/2 white so I break that stereotype all by myself. Both parties have old rich white guys and young poor/less rich minorities. The Dems just have more of the latter because they've been better able to dupe more into believing they care for them and Republicans want to hold them down.

Unknown said...

"good old rich white boys"
From reports of the comment I get the impression she was not talking about voters such as yourself, but but power brokers, that the party is dominated by "good old rich white boys" at the leadership level, and as such she thought that she didn't have a chance for a higher office/nomination for higher office.
Has the the party changed? Was Palin wrong about the leadership/power brokers? Or is Palin there because the party were listening and agree that they need be seen as embracing diversity in representation - that being token diversity, unless the party has actually changed, as "good old rich white boys" feature prominently in positions of power in the republican party, and have consistently in the past?
If Palin is wrong about a party that she's been nominated to represent, how suitable does make her if she doesn't know her own party?
Have the republicans changed, or was Palin wrong, and if so, how do you feel about someone who can be wrong on something like that?

Robocop said...

Good ole rich white boys indeed! I am a blue collar Asian boy who supports McCain and Palin!

Unknown said...

I suspect you've both missed the point/context of Palin's comment, she WAS NOT talking about who might vote for the party, but that the party itself is dominated by "good old rich white boys" at an upper level - she was explaining why she thought she'd never be nominated for a higher office (I'm simply trying to understand how the reality differs from her expectation, and the implication of that).
As people who aren't "good old rich white boys" you are both welcome to vote for 'the GOP', but according Palin you're not going to obtain a senior position within the party.
Since Palin has been nominated to run for VP, something does not add-up, either: Palin doesn't have a clue about her own party, or Palin was right - she is only a token representative, or Palin was right - but the party has changed in 12 months.
Can someone explain the inconsistency, other than suggesting that cos they support the party and aren't a "good old rich white boys" she's wrong?

Anonymous said...

NIKE板鞋 NIKE运动鞋 NIKE跑鞋

nikedao
nikedao
nikedao.com
www.nikedao.com

NIKE
ADIDAS
PUMA

NIKE板鞋
NIKE运动鞋
NIKE跑鞋

ADIDAS板鞋
ADIDAS运动鞋
ADIDAS跑鞋

PUMA板鞋
PUMA运动鞋
PUMA跑鞋


NIKE 板鞋
NIKE 运动鞋
NIKE 跑鞋

ADIDAS 板鞋
ADIDAS 运动鞋
ADIDAS 跑鞋

PUMA 板鞋
PUMA 运动鞋
PUMA 跑鞋

板鞋
运动鞋
跑鞋

首页
商品分类
会员中心
购物车
客户留言
品牌
赠品
捆绑商品

产品目录
联系我们
关于我们
常见问题
安全交易
购买流程
如何付款



adidas Smith 情侣鞋
adidas adicolor 情侣鞋
adidas 35周年鞋
adidas 新款皇冠女鞋
adidas 城市系列

NIKE 复古板鞋
NIKE Dunk SB
Nike Air Force One
NIKE AF1 25周年
Nike Air MAX 2003系列跑鞋