Saturday, December 27, 2008

Rude Awakening

Not even 7:30 this morning I wake up to my phone ringing. "This chief meteorologist so and so, there is a Severe Thunderstorm Warning for your area". I look outside and see some lighting and a little rain, but nothing that bad. 5-10 minutes later the torrential rain hits. Around 8 am they issue a Tornado warning for my county, that's heading right to me. I have no tornado shelter, but I have to go to the store anyway so I go there for what I need plus the shelter it provides. Don't even have time to comb my hair or wipe the sleep from of my eyes. I get there just after 8:30 and it's pouring. A few minutes later I get a call on my cell. "This chief meteorologist so and so, there is a Tornado Warning for your area. Take cover". Luckily we didn't get anything. With temps in the 70's yesterday it's no wonder we got storms. I just wish the temps would go down into the 40's and just stay there. It was hot last night.

2 comments:

Deoduce said...

I saw yesterday that Tulsa hit like 75, and then that cold front that came through last night was pretty brutal. I was wondering if you guys would get any t-naders. We just got a bunch of wind and a headache from the pressure changing.

Christopher Lee said...

No. It was warm while I was taking down my Christmas decorations. Then around 8 or so the front moved through, the wind picked up and it got cold.