Sunday, March 7, 2010

And The Award Goes To...

So the Academy Awards take place tonight. Big whoop. A bunch of self-congratulating morons patting each other on the back and kissing each others asses. I hope none of you are going to watch. Anyway, since the Oscars are so pointless I thought I would do my own award ceremony and nominate movies and actors that I fell really deserve to be congratulated. Now, I haven't seen many movies that came out in 2009 so I'm limited in what can win. Let's get started.

Best Writing - Original Screenplay: Moon. I haven't seen it yet, but it looks really good and very interesting.

Best Writing - Adapted Screenplay: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. A more grown up story compared to the previous films. But I haven't read the book so I'm not sure how close the movie is to it. But who cares.

Best Visual Effects: Star Trek. It's Trek. Nothing tops Trek.

Best Sound Mixing: Star Trek. They took the classic sound effects and updated them and it worked well.

Best Sound Editing: Star Trek. See a pattern forming?

Best Original Score: Star Trek. After you've watched the battle scenes, watch them again and listen to the music. Superb.

Best Director: J.J. Abrams. And what did he direct? That's right, Star Trek.

Best Costume Design: Star Trek. Just like sound mixing, the took the classic look of the uniforms and updated them and it worked.

Best Actress in a Supporting Role: Kristin Bell in Fanboys. Good movie, and a Female geek is always awesome.

Best Actress in a Leading Role: Kristin Kreuk in Street Fighter: The Legend Of Chun-Li. I don't care what anyone says, I liked this movie and I liked her in it.

Best Actor in a Supporting Role: Simon Pegg in Star Trek. I had my doubts when it was announced that he would play "Scotty", but he pulled it off.

Best Actor in a Leading Role: Chris Pine in Star Trek. Everyone had their doubts about him playing the iconic James T. Kirk, but he shut everyone up.

Best Picture: Star Trek. Did anyone think it would be anything else? It was hands down the best movie of 2009 I'd seen. Nothing came close.

0 comments: