Thursday, July 12, 2007

Faith In Politics

Can someone explain this to me. It's like it's some sort of contest to see whose holier than thou. We see Republicans trying to out-Conservative each other. "I'm more Conservative than you." "I'm more Reagan-esq than you." And now the Dems are trying to out-God Republicans. "I'm more religious than you" Well, I believe in God more than you do". I mean, when I vote for someone their religious beliefs are the last thing on my mind. Of all the things to judge a candidate on, religion is near the bottom.

2 comments:

Deoduce said...

Yes, I have to agree with you. I am a religious person myself (despite my crass nature), and even with that religion is one of the last things on my mind during elections.

Deoduce said...

Help! The Ron Paul army has been unleashed!