Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Biofuels May Not Be So Clean

Gordon Brown is preparing for a battle with the European Union over biofuels after one of the government's leading scientists warned they could exacerbate climate change rather than combat it.

In an outspoken attack on a policy which comes into force next week, Professor Bob Watson, the chief scientific adviser at the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, said it would be wrong to introduce compulsory quotas for the use of biofuels in petrol and diesel before their effects had been properly assessed.
Story

I feel I need to clear something up. Some people seem to think that because I disagree with some of the methods of The Great Green Conspiracy that I'm against going green. No. I just want a viable alternative fuel source that works and is affordable. Because from what we've seen so far, not everyone can afford to put solar panels on their homes or buy a nice, new Prius for around $20,000+.

0 comments: