Thursday, March 6, 2008

Conservatives And Law & Order

Some of you may remember that I talked quickly about this in one my previous Random Thoughts posts, but I wanted to go back to it real quick. Why do so many Conservatives, myself included, love Law & Order so much? L&O:SUV for me. They've shown they don't much care for us or our views and yet we're drawn back week after week like a moth to a flame. And, may I add, that, as an Indian, I'm glad to see Adam Beach on SVU. I don't know how long he'll last, but I hope he's a permanent character.

I went looking and found this page. It's a pretty good piece.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

"They've shown they don't much care for us or our views and yet we're drawn back week after week like a moth to a flame"

Well there's your answer - on occasion the program shows the liberals for what they are: evil and violent, fantasising about raping and killing honest conservative folk... nothing like having your feelings validated.
Then again, those programs are about sensationalising issues, about defying expectation for the sake of drama and ratings; if it was a conservative losing the plot in homicidal rage - people would just yawn and change the channel