Monday, November 10, 2008

Cold Weather & Gas Prices

These thing aren't intertwined or anything. I just didn't want to do two posts.

Cold Weather
I don't know if I've ever mentioned it or not, but I'm a cold weather person. When the temps start to dip into the 40's, that's when I'm happy. Today's been a cold rainy day and I'm just not use to it yet. I've got my heater running as well as a little space heater I have. I need a couple of more weeks to acclimate myself.

Gas Prices
Not sure what the prices are in your area, but around my little corner of Oklahoma they around $1.75/gallon and lower in some areas. If they keep dropping the way they have we could be under $1/gallon by the end of the year. I don't think they'll go that low, but we could get close.

2 comments:

Deoduce said...

I like the cold, too. It's been in the 40s here and cloudy. I like wearing a sweatshirt around, and wearing big fluffy slippers around the house. The summer heat can be unbearable and exhausting, but the cold is usually tolerable as long as you have a heat source and warm clothing.

Gas prices are $1.91 here in my area. All those people who flipped out a few months ago and sold their trucks to buy dinky gay hybrids are probably kicking themselves right about now. I filled up my Jeep for $35 the other day. A few months ago, it was costing me almost $70.

Woo!

But don't worry, Obama will find some way to screw us all over on gas prices, too, when he raises taxes on the oil companies. :)

Christopher Lee said...

I don't have a problem with Hybrids, other than the butt ugly design of them. If I can save money and screw OPEC in the process, I'm all for it.