Friday, April 17, 2009

Brown University Won't Celebrate Columbus Day

Sort of. And speaking as a 1/2 Cherokee, I'm all in favor of doing away with this day. Christopher Columbus having his own day is like celebrating the captain of the first slave ship to leave Africa. He doesn't deserve his own day. Because of his "heroic" actions, sailing off into a world that was thought flat, a mass genocide was perpetrated against the native people. And I take umbrage to what Limbaugh had to say about this. Ask an Indian what he thinks about Columbus Day. Chances are he's not going to be in favor of it, and I doubt he has a skull full of mush. I support Brown in this, but still taking the day off with pay is the height of hypocrisy.

Doing this post almost made me want to go off on Mount Rushmore. That half of my blood really get fired up on things like this. But one rant at a time.

0 comments: