Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Story Behind Wednesday Hero

I was asked a pretty good question by one of the newest members of the Wednesday Hero Blogroll. Why did I start it? Below is my response.

I'm not sure if I ever posted why but I started Wednesday Hero because when the news outlets talk about these men and women they only talk about their deaths. How they died, how many have died and so on. Not the soldiers themselves. I wanted to shed some light on who they were and are. Because I don't just profile those who've given their lives. Also, I think that we should all be able to look at their faces. Some people are a little uncomfortable looking into the eyes of a soldier who's given their life. They may feel a little guilty. I want to try to remove that feeling. We should see and thank them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The reason I participate is because they have names and faces.

We should all know and remember them.

Most of all, we should thank them!

Anonymous said...

I joined because as soon as I saw a Wednesday Hero post, I thought "why didn't someone think of this before?" It seemed like it should be something sweeping across the 'net....that every Wednesday, we stop to honor and remember someone who has served our country.

Ray said...

A great and quite easy way to keep the faces and stories of the real heroes of this country in greater numbers out there in cyberspace, as the more links the better for others to happen across these biographies and dedications than they would otherwise.

The very least we can do in their honor is not let them be forgotten..