Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Ahmadinejad, U.N. & W.W. III

Okay, I watched A-Jad's speech at the U.N. Now, could someone please tell me what the hell he was talking about? He's going on about Iran being a peace loving nation that respects human life and wants to form a "fraternity of peace" or whatever it was. He tried to paint a picture of rainbows and unicorns of compassion and brotherhood and as anyone with an I.Q. above 90 knows, that's a lie. Then he launches into a strange rant about W.W.II and God returning. Was anyone else worried about that. I mean, this man believes the 12th Imam, the Mahdi, is returning soon and that if he can help it along he'll do just that. Armageddon people. Was this some sort of veiled threat?

From Glenn Beck's show yesterday that's very important
But the point is, we must stop pretending that this man`s threats are empty. When I was about 30 years old and I`m trying to figure out life, I picked up and bought a copy of "Mein Kampf" for the first time. I didn`t read it for Hitler`s propaganda. I knew who that guy was. I read it to answer one question that had been bothering me since I was a kid: Did the Germans know what Hitler was planning on doing? The answer, unfortunately, was yes.

And while I know it`s hard to admit, some day the world may very well look back at us with the same question I had when I read "Mein Kampf." Did they know? Then they`ll watch Ahmadinejad`s interviews, they`ll read his speeches, they`ll listen to his threats, and they will wonder why, in the famous words of Edmund Burke, why did good men do nothing?

0 comments: