Monday, May 19, 2008

Obama Doesn't Get It

I was going to do a post about this speech that Obama gave in which he countries like Iran aren't as big a threat as Russia was back in the Cold War. In doing some research, yes, I occasionally do some research for these posts, I came across this post. He does it so much better than I could have, so I'm just going to link to it. I will, however, add this. To say that Iran doesn't pose a serious threat the way the Soviet Union did is laughable and dangerous. I don't recall too many Russians strapping bombs to themselves and killing innocent children in the name of God like those who support radical Islam do. I don't think too many Communists believed that blowing themselves up and killing innocent people would get them to heaven to claim their eternal reward like those who support radical Islam do.
Iran, Cuba, Venezuela - these countries are tiny compared to the Soviet Union. They don't pose a serious threat to us the way the Soviet Union posed a threat to us.
Germany is tiny compared to the Soviet Union. Did they not pose a serious threat? Japan was tiny compared to the Soviet Union. Did they not post a serious threat? Afghanistan is tiny compared to the Soviet Union. Did they not post a serious threat? I'm not sure what the size of the country has to do with their threat level. I'm also not sure what Cuba and Venezuela have to do with this. Is there some plan to bomb or attack them that I haven't heard about?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make some excellent points! By the way - we've moved elephantinmycoffee to rightwingmamas.com
:)