Tuesday, January 20, 2009

President Barack Obama

So Barack Obama has been sworn into office to become the 44th President of The United States. I don't support or trust the man one iota. I believe his views and policies are dangerous and bad for the country. Especially in the world we live in today. But I do hope he succeeds. Because regardless of who's in the White House I wish only the best for us. But, with him, Biden, Pelosi and Reid in power we could be looking at pretty rough times ahead. I harbor no ill wishes for Obama. I'm not sitting and waiting for him to screw up because if he fails we as a country fail. Nor am I going to say "we need to rally behind him" because I'd be a hypocrite if I did. I will, however, be ready criticize the man and tear into him when he screws up, as is my right. I will also make funny Photoshopped images of him when the mood strikes me. But I will not go down the same intolerant hate road the Left did with Bush. Nazi, retard, Satan, murderer, terrorist. Not only was it disrespectful, it was disgusting. We don't have to support him, but we need to hope for the best out of him.

Look, I don't know what the future has in store for us under an Obama administration, Democrats controlling the government, possible Supreme Court control and a media that's enraptured by that prospect; but I don't hold out many high hopes. What's that old adage, "Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely". We saw it with Republicans and we will see it again with the Democrats.

You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot help little men by tearing down big men.
You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.
You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
You cannot establish sound security on borrowed money.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than you earn.
You cannot build character and courage by destroying men's initiative and independence.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they can and should do for themselves.

- William J.H. Boetcker

2 comments:

The Gunslinger said...

Another blogger made a great point. He said we are called to pray for Obama, not that he succeeds, but that he repents.

Nathan Bingham said...

William has his letter down cold! You want success in a Republic based Capitalistic society you leave it alone. Success is not measured by an outside source like the government but by the individual investor. When we learn that then America will heal.