Monday, May 18, 2009

Two Weeks Later

Two weeks and things have started to fall back to "normal". Kind of. I no longer walk into a room and expect to see him there, although I still find myself looking towards the hallway to see if he's laying by my door from time to time. I was watching AFV Friday and they showed a video that reminded me of him. I would sometimes spray some of my cologne on the living room floor and he would always drop down and rub himself in it. Just a funny thing to watch. Always joked that he just wanted to smell like a man. Still puts a smile on my face when I think about it. Then on Saturday I was doing some cleaning and ran across this. I'd actually forgotten all about it. I got this for him over the Winter to help keep him warm. Being an AC/DC fan, how could I not. I think this will be another one of those items that I'll be keeping. I still have all the things I mentioned last time. Still haven't thrown them away, but I think I'll be do that to his brush soon. But the football and collar/leash I'll be keeping. I find myself looking in the cabinet that I kept his treats in sometimes and lamenting over the fact that he's really gone. Still miss him like crazy, but one day at a time and all that.

1 comments:

BetteJo said...

.. and that's the only way to do it. One step at a time. I totally believe in 'you have to allow yourself to feel it, to heal it.' Sounds like you're doing well.