Saturday, February 21, 2004
KIDS TODAY
I was channel surfing yesterday and I happened on a few of these shows geared toward kids. Stuff like MTV, Nickelodeon and the like. And I started thinking to myself, "God, I'm glad I'm not a kid growing up now.". It's not any one thing that I can put my finger on, it's just a little bit of everything. I'm not too far off from the target audience of these shows, except Nicelodeon, but it's like a completely different world. Music, fashion, language. And I realized something, I'm and adult now. I'm 25 years old. I'm grown up. Most of this stuff is supposed to appeal to me, but I can't stand it. I've always been old school. The old stereotype of getting older and not understanding "the kids of today", I found out, is true. But I've never followed the trends of my generation. I don't understand the fasication with groups like Outkast, Jason Mraz, Avril Lavigne, Clay Aiken and such. It's wailing, screeching crap. One other quick argument about music today. I was looking through Yahoo shopping music to find some of the names above and under the Rock section they had listed:

Janet Jackson
Melissa Etheridge
Kylie Minogue
Norah Jones
Britney Spears
Beyonce
TLC

Remember when rock and roll was Led Zeppelin, The Doors, The Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Blue Oyster Cult, The Who and the like. I know, before my time, but like I said. I'm old school. What the hell happened?

Anyway, back to topic. When I was in 5th grade, I remember getting excited when I could see the outline of a bra through a girls shirt. Today, hell, that's nothing. We have 5th graders today who are wearing these low rider jeans, or what ever their called, with the straps of their tongs handing out. What the hell happened? This country's moved on in the wrong direction. I don't know, maybe it's just that I'm just getting older.

The Only Thing Necessary For Evil To Triumph
Is For Good Men To Do Nothing

0 comments: