Thursday, February 19, 2004
RIDE ON, BON

Broke another promise
And I broke another heart
But I ain't too young to realize
That I ain't too old to try
Try to get back to the start
And it's another red light nightmare
Another red light street
And I ain't too old to hurry
Cause I ain't too old to die
But I sure am hard to beat


On this day in 1980 the greatest voice in rock and roll passed away after a night of heavy drinking. Ronald "Bon" Belford Scott was the voice and resident hellraiser of AC/DC. If you've been paying attention to my posts then you know that I'm a huge AC/DC fan. They had just released Highway To Hell and were poised to explode like nothing this country had ever seen when Bon passed away. People still consider Bon a huge influence in them becoming musicians. There will never be another voice like his. Ride On you bonny Scotsman, Ride On.

The Only Thing Necessary For Evil To Triumph
Is For Good Men To Do Nothing

0 comments: