Friday, December 16, 2005
KING FLOP
I thought King Kong was to be the biggest movie ever? Every critic in the country was saying it would surpass Titanic. Oops. Less than $10M the first day and just over $6M Thursday. Pokemon beat King Kong for opening day ticket sales. Ha! I guess nobody wants to see a movie about a horny ape. That's why I hate movie critics. These morons thing that just because they like it everyone will. I do a better job when I play critic here. Speaking of which:

Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club BandStarring Bee Gees and Peter Frampton W/ George Burns, Alice Cooper, Steve Martin and Aerosmith. Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band gets a record deal with a major label and leaves town. Mean Mr. Lemon comes in, buys the town and gets rid of the original Sgt. Peppers instruments which causes the town to fall into debauchery. I'm not a big Beatles fan, but I do like the music from the Sgt. Pepper album. This movie was a big flop in theaters, ala King Kong, but I don't really see why. I liked it. It was kind of slow a points but it had a pretty good story. The biggest gripe I have is the discoization of Beatles music. By 1979 the Beatles had broke up so they couldn't be in it to sing their songs themselves, so they had the Bee Gees and Frampton do most of them. They could have done better. Kind of campy, a saccharin love story and "amazing" special effects. However, Earth, Wind And Fire and Aerosmith stole the show. Also, at the end she how many celebs you can spot singing. Over all, good movie but not for everyone.3-Stars1/2

1 comments:

Christopher Lee said...

Yeah, three hours is stupid. He's perverted the original story. Add things he wanted and things he thinks the original director wanted. If you're going to do a remake, stick with the original story. Maybe he should have looked at the remake of Godzilla.