Thursday, December 8, 2005
THAT'S NOT RIGHT
Is anyone else a little concerned and disheartened by the fact that I saw more about the 25th anniversary on the death of John Lennon today on the news than I saw about the anniversary of the attack at Pearl Harbor yesterday? Damn this celebrity obsessed culture we live in. 25 years ago a singer died. Okay, fine. But 64 years ago over 2000 American troops were killed in an attack that literally changed the world. I think that's a little more important than John Lennon, I don't care what kind of songs he sung. I dread the day when 9/11 becomes a secondary story to some empty-headed, flavor of the month actress' marriage to some braindead actor. That'll be the death nail for this country.

3 comments:

Christopher Lee said...

Welcome to America.

Anonymous said...

Jake has it right, look at the timespan. 25 years vs 64 years. 64 years is 2 to 3 generations ago - 25 years is 1 generation ago.

That said, the majority of people are still more concerned with who J-Lo slept with than people dying in Africa... so I agree with you on that.

Anonymous said...

Qualifier:
The majority of WESTERN people.

(I'm hoping you knew I meant that anyway)