Sunday, April 23, 2006

Sin City

Staring: Bruce Willis, Micky Rourke, Jessica Alba, Michael Madson
Rated R (Violence, Nudity, Language)

I finally sat down and watched this. If you like the way Pulp Fiction was layed out, multiple stories interlaced in a random fashion, then you'll most likely like Sin City. If not, then you may want to skip this. It started off boring and slow with the first part of Bruce Willis' and Nick Stahl's story. I was about to turn if off then decided I should give it a shot. I'm glad I did. Once it got past Willis/Stahl PT.1 it really got good. Micky Rourke was freakin' amazing. When he grabs that hatchet and goes after the cops, damn. And watch for the hooker Miho(Devon Aoki). That is a mean little bitch. Most will like the black and white with a few splashes of color thrown in. With the exception of them doing the eyes in color, which looked pretty cool, I didn't really like it. A lot of the blood was done in red, mainly splashes and sprays, but most of it, puddles and gushing from Benicio Del Toro's head, was neon white which didn't really work for me. While women will like this movie, it's for the men. Explosions, blood, violence, hot women who're either topless or barely wearing anything at all, it's a guy movie. And I hear they're making a sequel. Overall, I'd give it a 5.9. Only because of that Willis/Stahl PT.1 part. Michael Madson just over did it.
Filed under Movie/CD Reviews

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

0 comments: