Saturday, April 22, 2006

White People Are Bastards

Every time I watch a show talking about Whites and Indians I get more and more pissed at white people. Everywhere they/we went they/we brought death, destruction, famine and disease. They/we forced their/our religion, morals and values on other cultures. Indians on this land, India, Asia, South America as well as others. Watching a show on History Channel today called 10 Days That Shook The World. It was talking about the massacre at Fort Mystic, which was essentially the catalyst for the war between Whites and Indians that lasted over 400 years. It's become known as The Pequot War that almost wiped the entire tribe off the face of the planet. In 1637, in the Pequot village near the Mystic River, in what is now Connecticut, hundreds of men, women and children, young and old, were slaughtered and burned alive by Puritan settlers. Those that were able to make it out were met by Mohegans who sided with the settlers and were then killed. Watching something like that, as and Indian, it's hard to put the knowledge that it happened over 400 years ago aside. When you hear about the brutality in which they were killed. Then you compare this act to others such as Wounded Knee and it makes you want to just scream.

Some may be wondering why the they/we stuff. I'm only half Indian. But believe me, if I had the chance to be full blood I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Filed under Miscellaneous

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would being "full blooded" Indian change anything about yourself, or what happened?

The Chief said...

Having grown up with Indians, I've spent a lot of time over the years thinking about the dealings between Whites and Indians.

No doubt the Indians were brutalized and treated extremely unfairly, but I try to put it all in perspective of the times, human nature, and the inevitability of change.

Some tribes were peaceful, some warlike and tribes were slaughtering other tribes before the white man ever got here. As you said, some tribes teamed up with the white man to kill other tribes. Any alien culture that finally made its way to America would have eventually come into conflict with the natives and if this alien was more technologically advanced, the result would have been the same.

I'm not trying to excuse the white man for his treatment of Indians, just saying I think it was inevitable, weather it happened when it did or hundreds of years later.

I don't think it should be forgotten or excused, but I've seen too many Indians so bitter that they can't get past it, and get on with the business of life and being successful.

Christopher Lee said...

Nope, but I'd be a lot happier. You white devils piss me off. You, you included, occupy land that you stole.

Christopher Lee said...

I'm not bitter. Like I said, it was over 400 years ago. I just like to vent some steam ever once and a while. Like the whole "white devil" think above. You have to take that tongue and cheek. But you honkeys did rape the land ;)

Anonymous said...

Actually Chris, I didn't steal any land - I'm a third generation migrant.

I'm on stolen land, that I acknowledge, but I am not descended from those who stole it. Similarly, I do not support this theft, in fact, I'd like to see (as most Aborigines would like to see) a proper recognition of the original owners, and a balanced co-existance.