Thursday, July 22, 2010

Was Prince Right?

Is the internet dead? I mean, there's nothing good on it anymore. At least for those of us using dial up. Everything's so geared towards broadband anymore that it's getting to be not much fun for some of us. More and more websites are image heavy and loaded with Flash and Javascript and I can't view them. I can download music if I want, but most files are between 5-7MB and can take up to an hour or more to download. And that's not including the time it takes the page to load because it's full of Flash or Javascript. Games? Nope. Videos? I can watch the videos I post for Music Czar Monday, if I feel like sitting and waiting and waiting and waiting. Even television is going broadband with Twitter, Netflix and YouTube services being included in some new HDTV's and Blu-Ray players. How much longer before we're no longer able to watch it without an internet connection? Woe is me, woe is me I guess. Maybe when the government deems broadband a right I'll be able to get it. Government run internet. How cool would that be? Sure, they would need to monitor what sites you're visiting but it'll be "free".

0 comments: