Friday, February 3, 2006

Free Song Friday

This month I'm doing something a little different. I'm going to be profiling three albums.
Read More
Robert Johnson - Complete Studio Recordings
Eric Clapton - Sessions For Robert J. & Me And Mr. Johnson.

You can't get more perfect than these two. The man who is said to have sold his soul to the Devil to play the blues being covered by the man many people call God. A more perfect match there never was. If you're a blues fan then you have to have Robert Johnson's Complete Studio Recordings. It's in the fine print. And if you're a Clapton fan then you need these two albums. These show just why he very well may be the greatest living musician. These are some amazing albums. Staples for any collection. Also with the Session For Robert J. album you get a DVD with Clapton and his band in the recording studios. And for you true blues aficionados, Clapton and Doyel Bramall II actually record some songs in the same Texas studio that Johnson recorded in. Pretty cool seeing that.

It was hard to pick only a few. Every song on these albums are amazing. 32-20 Blues, Love In Vein, Little Queen Of Spades, Kind Hearted Woman Blues. The list goes on and on and on, but I think I was able to pick out the cream of the crop. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do and that these songs convince you to get the albums.
Albums
Robert Johnson - Hell Hound On My Trail.mp3
Eric Clapton - Hell Hound On My Trail.mp3
I got to keep moving, I got to keep moving
Blues falling down like hail, blues falling down like hail
Mmmmmm, blues falling down like hail, blues falling down like hail
And the day keeps on remindin' me, there's a hellhound on my trail
Hellhound on my trail, hellhound on my trail

Filed under Music

1 comments:

Crazy Politico said...

Great Choices for albums. Love listening to Clapton when he's playing blues.