Friday, February 10, 2006

Free Song Friday

This is possibly my favorite Johnson song. Clapton, in his covers, has changed the lyrics up a little. Download and enjoy. Also, note the different spellings of the songs.

Robert Johnson - If I Had Possession Over Judgment Day.mp3
Pure classic blues. Johnson and his guitar. That's all.

Eric Clapton - Me And Mr. Johnson - If I Had Possession Over Judgement Day.mp3
This version from Clapton has a little more layed back sound. The kind where you just sit back and bop along with the song.

Eric Clapton - Sessions For Robert J. - If I Had A Possession Over Judgement Day.mp3
This version from Clapton has a little more Rock feel to it. Great guitar work and classic Clapton voice.

If I had possession over judgment day.
If I had possession over judgment day.
Any woman didn't want no lovin' wouldn't have no right to pray.

I went to the mountain and it burned my eyes to see.
I went to the mountain and it burned my eyes to see.
Some other man got my woman and these lonesome blues got me.

Filed under Music

0 comments: