Monday, September 13, 2004
ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN
The assault weapons ban is set to expire tonight at midnight and John Kerry is blaming Bush for this happening. My readers who've been with me long enough know that I'm not a fan of guns, but I don't see how this ban really makes a difference. It outlaws one type of firearm while keeping legal another that is 99% identical. I don't get it. But back to Kerry. How is Bush to blame for this? He doesn't make the law. He can't just say "I renew the ban" and it's renewed. Congress has to vote on it, and the president can't make them vote any way they don't want to. It's just a stupid argument by the Dems to blame Bush for something else they don't like. One last thing about this. The association of bin Laden and terrorist to the expiring of this ban. That somehow they're rooting for it to expire. What the hell is this? Do proponents of this ban think that if an AK-47 is outlawed, terrorists, or the common criminal for that matter, couldn't just get a 9mm or a .45 or a 12-gauge and do the exact same thing? Idiots.
The Only Thing Necessary For Evil To Triumph
Is For Good Men To Do Nothing

0 comments: