Sunday, November 27, 2005
Review Time
Christmas With The Kranks
Christmas With The KranksStaring Tim Allen and Jamie Lee Curtis. This movie wasn't very good. Not bad, just not good. Based on a John Grisham book, it's supposed to be a comedy yet I only laughed once or twice. The only good thing about it was Cheech Marin and Jake Busey, but that's not saying much. Dan Aykroyd wasn't a bit funny, which was a little surprising. The plot: a couple decide to skip Christmas and the whole town can't believe it. As if everyone on the planet celebrates it. Rent it if you just have to see it, but never buy it. Rated PG. Nothing bad, but I guess it's because we see Tim Allen in a speedo. Not pretty.2 Stars


War Of The Worlds
War Of The WorldsStaring Tom Cruise and Dakota Fanning. This movie totally makes up for Christmas With The Kranks. Freakin' awesome. From the first lighting storm it's non stop action. Then we have the tripods. These things are actually scary. And the sound they make. A demented fog horn is the best I can describe it. The plot: aliens attack Earth and try to inhabit it. But Spielberg doesn't make them Martians in this one. I want so much to give this a perfect score, but I can't for two reasons.

1) Dakota Fanning screams through the whole thing. Look, I understand that you're being attacked by aliens but calm down a little. Damn.

2) Tim Robbins is in it. You know, I could have lived with giving a perfect score if it had been just her screaming but I had to suffer this idiot. The good news is it's only like 15 minutes, he gives his little anti-war rant and Tom Cruise proceeds to beat the shit out of him and kill him. Happy, happy, joy, joy.

But you'll love this movie. Rated PG-13. Quite a bit of cursing and some images may not be for little kids. Like people getting turned into dust and when they start turning people into fertilizer. Very cool.4 Stars

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new look and I enjoyed reading your reviews.

Christopher Lee said...

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Man, you are pimpin' in style! Love the Christmas design...it's the best one yet!

I was actually debating whether or not to see this...I hadn't heard convincing reviews either way, but after your review, I'm definitely going to rent it!

Hope things are well!

Christopher Lee said...

I've been accused of many things in my life, but pimpin ain't one of them. And we've missed you. You don't come around much anymore.