Wednesday, November 16, 2005
Wednesday Heroes
Normandy Heroes
Sgt. Donald L. Dungey
146th Engineer Combat Battalion United States Army
June 6, 1944
Normandy, France

These brave men and women have given their lives so that others may enjoy the freedoms we get to enjoy everyday. For that, I am proud to call them Hero.

I'm asking for help. If anyone knows of a site that has a comprehensive list of soldiers who fought in wars between WWII and today's War On Terror, could you please let me know. Also, if you have a loved one who has served or is currently serving his or her country, not only America, and would like me to profile them as a Wednesday Hero then email me and let me know. I'd be happy to do it.
The Only Thing Necessary For Evil To Triumph
Is For Good Men To Do Nothing

2 comments:

Madame Robillard said...

I teach in Oklahoma and my students have visited Donald L. Dungey's grave to honor his sacrifice on D-Day. WHy is his name listed on your site? Are you related to him? Please contact me at eliserobillard@mooreschools.com

Keith Van Winkle said...

Yes, please explain why you are showing Donnie Dungey's stone. He was my grandmother's brother (and I can prove that with news paper clippings and the telegram the informing the family of his death). I'm glad you're honoring him but there's really no explanation of why.