Wednesday, November 23, 2005
Playing Politics
I just wanted to make a quick post about what's been happening over the last few weeks. With Congressman Murtha turning on the troops which led to the vote about pulling them out. I think this whole situation is sad. From Murtha to the vote. There's something people are forgetting here. The troops themselves. People , both Left and Right, are playing politics with their lives. While I thought the vote was kind of amusing at first, the more I think about it the more I don't like it. A publicity stunt done at the expense of those brave men and women. But don't smile just yet you Lefties. I think what your side's doing is just as bad. We hear Senators and Congressmen rambling on as if they know what the troops actually want. They talk to the one or two who disagree with the war and spin it to make it seem as if there's some mass revolt going on. There's not. If they would actually listen to what they're saying, the vast majority who are fighting in Iraq think it's a bad idea to even be talking about a pullout right now. They know better than the "experts" back home whether the Iraqis are able to handle things on their own yet.

And it seem the Left is right after all. Iraq is the new Vietnam. We have our politicians turning on the troops, we have the media turning on the troops and as a result we have a growing number of Americans turning on the troops*. If you watch any of these anti-freedom rallies around the world you'll see more and more people celebrating the fact that soldiers are dying over there. And just like Vietnam, we have people burying their heads in the sand and refusing to even consider what would happen should we pull out. Mass murder and genocide. Just like Vietnam.

*By this I don't mean spitting on them and calling them baby killers. When I talk about turning on the troops I mean the waning support for the war. Anyone who says they support the troops but not the war is a liar. You either support both or neither.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris! You need an Aussie flag over there with the British and Israel.
You can get one here if you wish
www.observationdeck.org

Cheers!
Patrick

Christopher Lee said...

You know, I put those flags were for countries that've been hit by terrorists attacks. But the more I thought about it the more I realized that it should encompass our true friends. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Chris, but I don't see how supporting the continuation of the war is supporting the troops.

Continued war means continued deaths.

Supporting the war is currently supporting the locals. Bad to get "troops" and "locals" mixed up. Withdrawing would be giving more support to the troops than to the locals, but staying is giving more support to the locals.

Meh... just a point I felt needed making.

Anonymous said...

Having served in the Army I can tell you that from my experience soldiers really don't discuss politics. They are primarily concerned with accomplishing the mission and keeping their soldiers safe. While I do not believe we should withdraw now, the reality is that the violence will probably continue in Iraq long after we leave.

Anonymous said...

It's all a matter of how much violence we want to leave them with really.