Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Told You

What did I say on Sunday?
But you know there will be those that blame Bush for this.
And here they are.

That's one of the biggest problems with this country. Rather than actually discuss or debate an issue, we'd rather blame and grandstand. I'm guilty of it as well. I'm not going to pretend I'm not. Instead of putting the blame on Kim Jong Il, Democrats would rather blame Bush because it helps with their hardcore supporters next month. And Republicans would rather blame Clinton's failed North Korean policy than blame Kim Jong Il because it helps with their hardcore supporters next month as well. Same with the man on the street. They claim they're fed up with "politics as usual" yet many relish in it when the blame game is played. It helps solidify their beliefs. I'm about ready to rip up my voter registration card and become a member of the Apathetic party.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They're not "blaming" Bush for it happening - the article states that they're taking this opportunity to point out that Bush's been attacking non-issues instead of actual ones when it comes to security.

Christopher Lee said...

I love that misconception. That somehow Bush been ignoring North Korea. Even though the U.S. has been trying to get them back to the six-party talks. It's almost as good as the one where Bush has given up on the hunt for bin Laden. Even though the U.S. still has soldiers in Afghanistan searching, and dying in the process.

Bad Bob said...

Hi Chris,
I have been searching your blog for the link to the story that was about I didn't do anything wrong but break into your house. I cleaned your house, washed your clothes, but didn't really do anything wrong.
I couldn't find an email for you so I thought I would try this.
I enjoy reading your blog.
Thanks,
robert

Anonymous said...

I love that misconception. That somehow Bush been ignoring North Korea. Even though the U.S. has been trying to get them back to the six-party talks.
The ones where the US pisses NK off so regularly that they keep leaving? That's the kind of foreign policy tactics you support?


It's almost as good as the one where Bush has given up on the hunt for bin Laden. Even though the U.S. still has soldiers in Afghanistan searching, and dying in the process.
1) The CIA's Bin Laden unit has been disbanded.
2) Afghanistan is the one place we know he isn't - because we know that he managed to escape when the US invaded.

So far Bush has proven that one of the nations of his supposed "axis of evil" was really a toothless tiger, and that he has absolutely no hold over the other two. In fact, Iran has been influencing US foreign politics more than the US has been influencing Iran's - given that Iran manipulating the Saudis seems very likely to be the reason why the US stepped in in the invasion of Lebanon.

That's the kind of security you're getting served.

Anonymous said...

That was me btw - stupid thing wouldn't shift off the blogger login.

Christopher Lee said...

Thanks, Bob. Is this the story you're talking about?
http://www.turnto23.com/news/9964316/detail.html