Thursday, October 19, 2006

Warm Apple Pie, The American Flag & A Good BDSM Video

How much politics can someone take before they've had enough? I recently joked about joining the Apathetic Party and that's looking like a better move with each passing day. With 20 or so days left until the election I'm asking myself if I should bother to vote or not. First, a short story. When I turned 18 I couldn't wait to register. I felt honored to finally be able to vote. I took great pride in it, as many do. My first vote was in the '98 mid-terms, but it was the 2000 presidential election I was looking forward to. I actually debated on whether or not to wear a tie. I didn't. But over the past eight, but more so in the three years that I've been blogging, I've grown tired of politics. The whole commit a crime, deny the crime, blame the other party for their crimes. Lie, deny the lie, blame the other party for their lies. Sex scandal after sex scandal after sex scandal. Shady business deals, kick backs, lobbyists and the hundreds of other things I can't think of right now. We see the same ads on t.v. The soft music, our guy working at a desk, standing with his family, talking to senior citizens talking about how they're going to clean up Washington, D.C. Then five years later they're being indicted for something or other. Going back through the archives, I recently talked about the rise of the third party. Maybe it's time for the Democratic and Republican parties to go. Because party politics ain't doing shit for this country.

Perhaps this year I'll just sit back, watch FNC, and watch the Democrats take some power back. They say it's a choice between the lesser of two evils. But is either party really less evil than the other?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know that half of that is just media tactics used to cover the actual politics going on, right?

If you want to have a look at politics without that crap, why not watch for what's actually going through the houses? Policy, why you agree, why you don't - that sort of thing?