Sunday, November 19, 2006

In Case You Missed It

I've been feeling in the crapper this past week and haven't been in much of a jovial mood, so not too many jokes in this weeks post.

A Spanish teacher in Smithfield, North Carolina had to resign because an assignment he gave contained words such as "kill" and "destroy America" and phrases such as "Sharon killed a lot of innocent people", "Palestine is not a terrorist group" and "Allah help destroy this body of evil making humanity miserable".

If something ever happens to your sheep, make sure it happens in England. 40 firefighters were sent out to rescue a single sheep.

And angry mother has filed larceny charges against her child's school Superintendent and Principal for confiscating their cell phone which rang in the middle of class.

Come to St. Louis. We have great BBQ, smoking blues and the best crack in America.

The GPS tracking unit that a Florida woman's estranged husband's P.I. attached to the bottom of her car was mistaken for a bomb. Even if my head wasn't pounding, I still wouldn't be able to follow that.

New to the British "no-fly list"? Smelly German men.

And this weeks Darwin Award goes to this unidentified 17-year-old Petaluma, California boy. Police were searching for a runaway girl. They believed her to be in the boys home. They ask his father if they could have a look. He said "yes". They didn't find the girl, but they did find this moron in is bedroom weighing a packing bags of pot to sell.


Anonymous said...

Palestine isn't a terrorist group - it's a nation (as opposed to a nation-state which is what whoever objects to me calling Palestine a nation will actually be referring to). And Sharon did kill a lot of innocent people - as well as a lot of militant forces.

The rest is a bit wacko though, and it's fairly obvious that the teacher was slightly unbalanced, as from the last paragraph of that article:
"When I made the assignment, I was upset and angry about a story I recently saw on the news. If any message appears, it is more of a message to myself, not to my students. I never meant to hurt or upset any students or parents," he said.

Anonymous said...

Palestine is NOT a nation but a group of Jordanians and Egyptians who are occupying Israeli land like squatters. The actaul region of Palestine belongs to the Jewish nation and has for thousands of years. READ your Bible; you Faux Christian. It is more accurate than ANY history book ever written.
The history illiterate are the antithesis of stupidity.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry John, I'm going off history more relevant - you know, the past few hundred years, instead of attempting to claim land title from 2,000 years ago.

You know that most of the Jews left Israel right? You know that when Israel was formed in the 1940s, only 30% of the local population was Jewish, right? The other 70% got turfed out.

And speaking of "squatting" - Gaza strip anyone?

Anonymous said...

Jews "left" Israel? Uh nope. Forced out by Islamic hoards.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I can totally see the Islamic hordes forcing them out... in 132AD.

And as I said, in the 1940s, 70% of the people in the region weren't Jewish... and yet I don't hear you caring that they got thrown out.

Anonymous said...

Right. They could not be Islamic...should have said Arab.
But what about before the 1940's?
I'am sugessting that the land redress is very very old. Since the jews have lived in their land long before Islam was Invented by a delusional murdering pedophile.
So why do they claim it?

Anonymous said...

Actually, it was the Romans in 132AD.

They claim it, because that's where their homes were, before the Israelis demolished them.

Unfortunately for you, the "land redress" (as you put it) is so very old that nobody alive is capable of having any recent claim on the territory. Meanwhile you wish to turf out the people who'd lived there their entire lives. Same with the newer territories that Israel illegally occupies.

Anonymous said...

I was speaking of the Claim of Islam and Muslims to Jeruselem and the rest of Israel. There is the crux of the land issue.
The Romans never forced the Jews out of their land. The Arabs did. After 132 AD. See Ottomon Turks I think..not sure without refreshing my history for specifics.
Why cannot the arabs live with a Jewish State on the Jews ancestral homeland? Why do they claim Jewrusalem?

Anonymous said...