Thursday, February 26, 2004
HE'S BACK
The The Angry American Atheist that we all know and love has decided to pick himself up and return to blogging. He's still wrong on everything, but it's good to have him back.

CENSORSHIP
First a warning. I don't think anyone here will agree with this post. In fact, I think most may hate it.

I'm not a firm supporter of censorship, but I do think some things do need to be censored. If it causes harm to the public in general for instance. I'm not talking about points of view. I think everyone has a right to state their point of view. As much as I hate Michael Moore and Martin Sheen, I don't think they should be censored. Damn, that was harder to type than I thought. What I'm talking about is entertainment. Music, movies, TV and the like. Someone like Eminem should be censored. His "music" causes harm to the public, more so to kids. When they get berated with lyrics that talk about killing cops, murdering his wife and chopping her up, you can't tell they don't get desensitized to it. And that can be harmful. All this is brought on by Clear Channel dropping The Howard Stern Show from their airwaves. I totally agree with it. In fact, they should have done it years ago. The stuff he talks about on his show doesn't belong on radio. This may seem a little fascist, and it very well may be but that's how I feel. Now, do I believe that this should be the law of the land? No. My views don't constitute law, just as no one else does. The general law is to let the public decide what's appropriate and inappropriate. I think that's the best way, but it's not the perfect way. Whether it's by letting the public decide or the Government, some people are going to be forced to live in an uncomfortable environment. So what do we do? I don't know. If I were smarter, this would be a better post. As it stands right now, it's so full of holes you could probably find a mouse running through and eating it. But I think you get the point I'm trying to make. Some people don't want this stuff permeating the airwaves, and they shouldn't be forced to "deal with it". I understand the first amendment, freedom of speech and all but freedom of speech doesn't mean we can say what ever we want when we want. There are limits to free speech.


HAITI
Okay, my quick take on the situation over in Haiti. I think Bush needs to intervene. We've already sent something like 50 Marines over there to protect the American Embassy, but that's not doing enough. We need to go over there and clean up Clinton's mistake. W said that we would help democracy where ever it was needed. Don't let the Loony Left think they're right and only help oil producing countries. We helped in Afghanistan, Iraq and Liberia. Now we need to help Haiti. It's the right thing to do. "The measure of a great leader is his willingness to do what's right, even if it costs him everything". Churchill said that. I can't remember the actual words, but that's the quote.
The Only Thing Necessary For Evil To Triumph
Is For Good Men To Do Nothing

0 comments: