Friday, February 13, 2004
NASCAR AND BEING OFFENDED
Well, the Daytona 500 is being raced this weekend. I caught a piece of Fox News this morning and the reporter was talking to the sponsor of the Interstate Battery car. The number 18 car will have an ad for "The Passion Of The Christ" on the hood. She asked him if he worried about anyone being offended by it. He gave a great answer. "The chances of doing something that 100% of the people will agree with are slim to nil.". Now, I'm offended by beer ads everywhere I look, but does anyone care? No. Should they? No. Because I'm not everyone. People have condemned this movie without even seeing it. Wait 'till you see it, then judge it.

We have become a country that's too sensitive to everything. Like what Brian's post deals with. People removing words from books so people won't be offended. Now I can understand it to a limit. If you don't want your kids seeing, reading or hearing things you think their too young for. But for the most part it's got to stop. Textbooks can't say "Founding Fathers" anymore because it may offend women. We're made to fell guilty if we say "black" instead of "African-American" or "midget" instead of "Little Person" or "man/woman" instead of "Person". You know who's to blame for the majority of this don't you? That's right, the west/east coast Liberal who thinks the entire world should follow what they think and do. They are so out of touch with reality it's scary. We all need to take a chill pill and calm down. You're not a racist, insensitive or ignorant because you don't use weenie PC terms.

And one last thing. You all knew I couldn't spell worth crap. Why didn't anyone tell me that Blogger had a spellchecker build in? I'm highly offended by this lack of action. Like the majority of people today, I pass the blame on to you all. It's not my fault I was too dumb not to see it there.

The Only Thing Necessary For Evil To Triumph
Is For Good Men To Do Nothing

0 comments: