Tuesday, February 24, 2004
TERESSA KERRY IS AFRICAN AMERICAN
But not black. According to Mrs. Kerry, because she grew up in Africa she's African American. But, if you'll notice, there's a difference in her African American and the other African-American. The hyphen's missing in her meaning. That's right, Mrs. Kerry says that African-American belongs to blacks, but insists that it's proper to call herself African American as long as no hyphen is used or intended. "My roots are African," she told a reporter in 1995. "The birds I remember, the fruits I ate, the trees I climbed, they're African." This is the best thing I've ever heard. Even though she grew up amidst segregated privilege in colonial Mozambique, and that she's African American, she really hasn't helped "her people". Beside giving money to the Save The Children Fund, she really hasn't donated much of her vast fortune to Mozambique. She has nearly a quarter of Mozambique's annual Gross Domestic Product and she can't donate to her "homeland". Damn. I wonder if people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton will eventually jump on this? If Bush were to say he were Mexican American because he was raised in Texas, people would shit their pants calling him a racist. But I doubt anyone even mentions this in the next 9 months.
The Only Thing Necessary For Evil To Triumph
Is For Good Men To Do Nothing

0 comments: