Sunday, August 21, 2005
CONSTANTINEConstantine
I recently watch this movie and was amazed at how good it was. I thought I would like it, but it was a lot better than I thought it would. It's based on the "graphic novel", comic, by the same name. It stars Keanu Reeves as John Constantine, a demon hunter who's trying to stop the son of Satan from crossing over into our world and the very beautiful Rachel Weisz (The Mummy). It obviously takes liberties with the Bible, but you should let your inhibitions down and enjoy it for what it is. Great special effects, great story, acting could have been a little better by Reeves, but all in all a great movie. If you like movies like this you should buy it. 9.5/10, only because of the occasionally stiff acting by Reeves.
Sure I Sold My Soul, But I Sold It From Some Cool Stuff

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good movie - but as you say, stiff acting.

I've heard that there's some people who want to see if a wooden plank with a face drawn on it would perform as well as Reaves, but I don't know if it's been tried yet.

Christopher Lee said...

He was pretty good in the Matrix movies.

Anonymous said...

Jake's got it down. He was pretty wooden in the Matrix movies too - they just managed to cover it up with awesome fight scenes.

"Holy shit."
"I know kung-fu."

I swear - he only has two expressions (no, not "on" and "off"). The first is "brooding coolness" and the second is "I can laugh too!".

Anonymous said...

Yeah - but he's HOT!

He did do better in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures - it seems the more recent the film, the worse his acting is getting (or maybe it is staying the same and not getting better with experience?!). But, he he did rally the word "dude" from that movie, didn't he?